ACTUALITÉS ET ÉVÉNEMENTS

OFFICINE PANERAI AND MAGGIO MUSICALE FIORENTINO TOGETHER FOR THE FIRST TIME

30 avril, 2014

30 avril, 2014OFFICINE PANERAI AND MAGGIO MUSICALE FIORENTINO TOGETHER FOR THE FIRST TIME

Officine Panerai was established in Florence by Giovanni Panerai. An entrepreneur, craftsman and innovator, he opened his watchmaker's shop and workshop in 1860, which would also become the city's first watchmaking school. From its original location on Ponte delle Grazie, the "Orologieria Svizzera," as it was originally named, later moved to its current location in the Palazzo Arcivescovile in Piazza San Giovanni. In the 1930s, Officine Panerai became a real laboratory of ideas for the design and creation of measurement instruments. A special range of watches was designed specifically for the Italian Navy for use in extreme and highly risky conditions. The projects it worked on at the time, including the Luminor and Radiomir watches, were covered by the military secrets act for years and Panerai watches were launched on the international market after the Richemont group purchased the brand in 1997.

The Panerai identity is a synthesis of the brand's history, Italian design and Swiss manufacturing perfection. Each new model expresses authenticity, creativity and passion: values renewed year after year and deep-rooted in Florence. The strong relation with the Tuscan capital city, represented by the historic boutique of Piazza San Giovanni, but also the one at Hotel Four Seasons and the permanent sponsorship of the Museo Galileo, reaches its culmination with the new partnership with Maggio Musicale Fiorentino, on the occasion of the Opening Gala on 10 May. This landmark event will celebrate the permanent move of the theatre to the new Opera di Firenze, a treasure of architecture and technology. The evening will mark this very special moment with opera and ballet performances by world-renowned artists, followed by a marvellous gala dinner in Panerai's signature style.